Director of Coaching, Northern Colorado Soccer Club (NCSC)
Location: Greeley, Colorado
Description: NCSC seeks a highly motivated, committed, hands-on, self-starter to oversee all soccer related activities and player, team, and coaching development. Selected candidate responsibilities are listed below:
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Plan and evaluate current and future soccer development and make effective public presentations at staff meetings, player placement, rec and club meetings.
2. Plan and implement all soccer related activities and the development of the club teams, coaches, trainers, and players.
3. Always being an ambassador for the club and promoting the interest of the club at all times.
4. Recruit/train coaches, assistant coaches, and/or club coaching staff.
5. Hire/terminate NCSC coaching team and club staff
6. Integrate coaching curriculum, including organizing and implementing coaching clinics for NCSC, recreational programs, and school district.
7. Direct and consistent contact with team coaches regarding game day analysis and feedback, player/coach development, training program design, and delivering model training sessions.
8. Observe and evaluate practice sessions as appropriate and offer guidance and provide yearly written evaluation.
9. Provide support and help coaches improve player development while being the contact person for any coaching issues, including: training, concerns, disputes, and report to the BOD for any significant issues.
10. Recruit and retain youth soccer players. Develop and implement a short and long term strategic plan for the club growth.
11. Organize camps and clinics with club, local recreation programs and community organizations.
12. Responsible for club-wide player development through academy clinics, camps, and team practice sessions
13. Technical training for ages 8-18, recreational clinics for ages 5-9, and continuing the college guidance program for ages 13-18.
14. Design an outdoor competitive/recreation tournament for ages 5-18
15. Create a positive parenting module for players, parents, and coaches to become productive and positive members of society in accordance to the NCSC club mission.
16. Act as the NCSC liaison in any matter that may affect the club, including representing the club at any functions, meetings, events or as directed by the BOD and/or Excutive Director.
17. Coordinate tryouts and team formations according to relevant laws and rules, including CSA and NCSC rules and by-laws. Provide a comprehensive structure to the Executive Director and Director of Teams of how team formations will be implemented. This is to include team coaching staff selection and announcement.
18. Assess advanced and recreational teams and advocate for them to be properly place at the appropriate State league alignment.
19. Advise/review team tournament selections with Director of Tournaments to ensure proper team placement.
20. Conduct and implement coaches meetings.
1. Excellent communication, dispute resolution skills, and problem-solving skills that incorporates flexibility as a growing club
2. Excellent organizational skills
3. A self-starter/planner who sees the long-term picture of growth needed; which involves creating and implementing a vision for the future success of NCSC. Marketing/public/motivational speaking skills
4. Ability to forge and maintain a partnership with local city recreation departments, including the surrounding front range cities.
• Salary commensurante with experience.
• Club Website: northerncoloradosoccer.com
• Club Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ncscbootleggers/
Job posting closes June 3, 2016
To apply for this position, please email your resume and interest letter to the Executive Director. You are also welcome to contact Lynda McManus, Executive Director, with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970.351.6255.